Saturday, 9 April 2011

a minor setback

Mr P. my utterly brilliant other half is a music businessman. A music entrepreneur, if you will. He is a complete workaholic, which drives me insane some days, but I do understand that the more he works, the more money he earn and the more experience he gets.

Last week he was shortlisted for an interview with one of the UKs biggest record labels. He prepared, he bought a gorgeous new suit, and he was ready. They loved him. The Vice Chairman loved him. The HR Director loved him. They had no bad thing to say about him at all and said he was clearly a 'natural entrepreneur'.

But someone else was just that little bit more suitable. Ahhh it was devastating. He's got a call arranged on Monday to speak to them about his interview and if there is anything else he could do with them.

I'm a huge believer in things happening for a reason and even though this sucks right now - I know it's because an even better opportunity is about to come his way.

But it still leaves me feeling horrible about myself. Why? Because that job would have meant he was employed. And he'd get a guaranteed wage every single month. I'd know that he was busy working because he had to do something for work, not busy working because if he didn't, he might not get enough clients to pay the rent.

I feel so terrible about myself - because he's doing his best to earn a living and all I want to do is spend time with him.

Bring on Monday - maybe then I'll have more of an idea on what to expect out of the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment